Using The Case of the Moldy Attic, we examine the evidence to determine the cause of mold in the attic of a home that was intended to be a high performance home.
This course prepares you to think critically when conducting advanced building diagnostics specifically related to psychrometrics and building failures.
By the end of this course, you will:
- Understand the relationship between pressure, temperature, density, and volume
- Understand the driving forces for water movement in vapor form
- Interpret data collected related to psychrometrics and building assemblies
- Identify unsafe conditions for performing depressurization/pressurization tests in a home
- Identify conditions under which they may perform depressurization/pressurization tests in a home occupied by persons with environmental sensitivities.
- Determine which tools are appropriate for the task
- Identify the most likely causes for high humidity levels inside a “high-performance” home
Upon completion, students will receive 6 RESNET CEUs.